Sunday, December 05, 2004

so I didn't do any work yesterday...

and not much today, although I have a bit of an excuse with a rehersal for the chamber singers concert, the concert itself, and the ballroom dance club's Snow Ball. Gosh, my feet hurt. I only stood for forty minutes and then danced for a couple of hours... I guess my stamina is wearing down.

The rundown of last night...
  • Friends of Hospice christmas party, where I lead a rousing series of Christmas carols
  • Marc (boyfriend of Jen, my roomie) arrives and we go out to dinner
  • Settle in to watch a movie (Thomas Crown Affair)
  • Instead head down the hall with Jess for "Catholic Guilt" theme party... saw a man in a chausible wearing thigh-highs and a garter belt. Had my first peppermint patty (peppermint schnapps with chocolate sauce... mmm...)
  • Head to the Grill and had Birthday Cake, a secret concoction of bartender Jamie that actually tastes like cake. Very strange.
  • Flirt uproariously with anyone and everyone (and everything) and end up staying through last call.
  • Stand out in the cold for 40 minutes listening to Black Adam pontificate drunkenly on what it is to be Black in America. Would have been very intellectually stimulating if he had been sober, but I still find him interesting.
  • Hit the hay at 3:30 am.

Now that's a good night. I need to make sure I only do this about once a month, though. (I'm on a great track since it's almost 2 now after the ballroom party... eh, oh well)

Goodnight!

No comments: