Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sicky McSickerson

All hail the first cold of the season, and is it ever a doozy. It possibly didn't help that I had a late night on Friday with friends and didn't make it home until 2am, and then spent Saturday afternoon and evening riding rollercoasters with Mike and his brother Pete at Six Flags Great America. The payment for my enjoyment, sadly, has been more-than-sufficiently extracted over the course of last night and today. I even had to call in sick on my very first Sunday singing with the church choir, when I was supposed to do the psalm, too. On the plus side, it was a fun weekend, and Mike's folks were kind enough to stock me up on soup and orange juice on the way home last night, for which I'm abjectly grateful. I also got a few other snacks, my leather coat, a couple of throw pillows, and two decorative glass thingamajigs. Hear that, germs?? I have objets d'art, and I'm not afraid to use them!

For future reference: Sudafed 12-hour and several mugs of Earl Gray are diametrically opposed to my pursuit of a nap.

Also: Remember to disinfect, fumigate, autoclave, and/or exorcise belongings later. Particularly keyboard.

No comments: