Monday, March 14, 2005

Another milestone

I've completed my final tour with the Chamber Singers. I surprised myself by not crying during the last concert, especially when we got to verse three of Kokosing Farewell... I suppose I still have the home concert in two weeks, the night after my final Cornerstones concert. Maybe I'm just saving up the emotional response. Right now, I'm more numb. I've got three days at home before my last interview. I've got a major paper to write before break ends, which I haven't begun.

Oh yeah... honors is still very much in the picture. I remain rather overwhelmed at the the thought of what I have to accomplish in the next few weeks. It's the culmination of four years of effort, and man does it feel like it. That's no reason to back down now, though!

And of course, I have a wonderful visit to look forward to... and the very distinct possibility to attend Mike's composition recital. Mmmm...

Currently listening to the Chamber Singers '02-'03 recording of a piece from Barber's Reincarnations:

And we will talk
until talk is a trouble too,
out on the side of the hill.
And nothing is left to do
but an eye to look into an eye
and a hand in a hand to slip
and a sigh to answer a sigh
and a lip, to find out a lip.
~The Coolin, James Stephens, after the Irish of Raftery

Yup. I need to see that young man.

No comments: