Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The most wonderful time of the year

I've been getting into the holiday spirit this week. Carolling with the Catatonics, visiting the Christkindlmarket downtown, baking cookies (mmm... Elizabeth's great Snickerdoodle recipe) and last but not least, decorating my apartment this weekend with Mike!

Check it out:


You can barely see in the photo, but the ridiculousness of our little tree is impressive. Mike bought it on sale at the end of the holiday season last year. We were a little surprised to find that the base section had colored lights since the box showed white ones... and then we unwrapped the top section. Which did have white lights. Even better, several branches remained dark when we finally got it plugged in. There were no hooks included in the ornament box, so we had to adapt some paperclips to the task. Still, it's our little pathetic tree. Awww...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a cute little tree!!!
Love,mom x0x0x0x0x0

Seventh_guest said...

oh, it's a cute tree! I have no tree, but then, I had no time to decorate one. [laughs] I thought I'd stop in and say hello and wish you a merry Christmas! Good luck on your classes and such. I'm still planning on making it out to Kenyon this summer for a CS reunion. Not sure if they are on some weird 5 year thing or what, so I don't know if you're invited to this one or not, but I still hope you're there. Blah blah, I need to do Christmas cards. and eat. [laughs] Laters.