Friday, August 27, 2004

My life is everywhere

Whew. It's been a busy week. At least I got a free t-shirt out of this whole "orientation worker" thing. The new class seems pretty happy to be here, and many of them seem to have their stuff together. Many of them are more together than I am at this point, and they got here yesterday. Granted, I didn't have any relatives conscripted to my moving crew this year. Just me, exhausted from airport delays and facing a slightly overwhelming schedule. At least I've collected belongings from three and a half of my storage sites. Two and a half more to go! Well, three if you count the nonperishable food items. Apparently my belongings slowly exploded this summer and attempted to take over campus.

I also have too many computers. Yes, two is too many. I can't give up Janet the laptop because she's got all my music and papers and labwork... plus in a week or two she'll be wireless, which will be darn snazzy. But the beheamoth Newscope mac (which will have to be the primary computer this week) is taking up all my desk space with its huge towering blueness. The flatscreen monitor would help, but I can't hook it up until we find an adapter for the plug, darn it. (It was a relief to know that this is an option, because when I first hauled it all over and tried to set it up I had a moment's panic that I had just cost the school $600 for an unusable, incompatible monitor.) At least I get to give this one back at the end of the year.

Well, I have a few hours free today, so I should either attempt to nap or loft my bed so that some of this stuff strewn about my room can be hidden. If I don't post for another week, assume I got trapped under the bed.

No comments: