Monday, August 30, 2004

welcome back

So today is the first day of classes of my senior year of college. That's fun. I've got lots of meetings and errands scheduled for today to get myself off on the right foot for the school year. Also enjoyable, as I'm the type of person who appreciates a good get-your-life-in-order-type day. One slight problem,though. I twisted my ankle last night.

As I've never really done this before, I figured I'd be able to walk it off. That was fine last night since I didn't have very far to go. This morning... well, let's just say that when you almost pass out in the bathroom in the morning (not again!) from the pain, you start to reconsider third-floor classes and all the steps entailed. So now I'm waiting for 8:30am to roll around, so I can get Security to haul me over to the Health Center for a) crutches and/or some kind of wrap and b) some major painkillers. Errands, shmerrands, give me drugs!

As always, I have too much on my schedule today to make time for taking care of myself... but I'm going to do it, rather than be miserable and late for everything for a week and STILL not get my stuff done because 5 minute walks now take, oh, 35 minutes. As for getting off on the right foot... well, my left is fine, but the right is definitely not right. Does that give me two left feet?

(*evil grin of the seriously over-punned*)

No comments: