Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I'd give anything not to write this paper

It's 3:40 am and I'm just over halfway done with my anthropology paper, which I started at 11. If it wasn't a required distribution credit, I would seriously consider taking a mulligan on this class and taking a break for once. Why on earth do I do this to myself? Okay, if I hadn't been stuck in the lab until 8:30 last night and 9:30 tonight trying to get my honors data done... deadline friday... I would have started. Well, drat.

And I'm in the lab again tomorrow at 8am. And I haven't done any busywork for seminar or German. And I need to work on rewrites for two other major papers and my poster for my first professional conference AND prepare for my honors oral defense.

Well, some of that rides on getting done in the lab. If I don't complete my tissue analysis and make it a more substantial part of the paper, I can't recieve honors credit. Okay, I didn't have much by way of data when the draft was due... but I don't have that much more now, and I can't turn in what is essentially a rewrite of my summer science and expect to get away with it. It would suck to do all of this work and only get an independent study out of it, although to cut back now would take another paper off my back, as well as the oral. Well, I'll do the best I can. Either way I can be proud of the work I've done... but I'm too stubborn to cut my losses and ditch this dream without driving myself a little crazy first. Curse my overachieving nature!

Okay, back to this paper. I'd really like a couple of hours of sleep tonight since I have at least a 16 hour day ahead of me tomorrow. It feels good to vent.

No comments: