Sunday, April 03, 2005

super duper busy!

Gosh, it's been a while! Running tissue samples in the lab for 30 hours a week sure cuts into my slacking-off time, I suppose. The nice thing is that I'm making serious progress with my honors data. The paper... is another story. I'm bound and determined to make it happen, though. It's hard to find chunks of time to write when I'm struggling to stay on top of the day to day, but now that the Cornerstones and Chamber Singers concerts are done (yesterday and today, respectively, and both were freakin' AWESOME if I do say so myself) I may be able to reclaim some of my life.

On other, extraordinarily exciting fronts... on Friday morning I sent several e-mails to various graduate programs, letting three schools know that I would be declining their admissions offers, and telling Northwestern University (Institute for Neuroscience) that I'm planning to attend next fall. It gives one a nice rush to be decisive. On Friday afternoon, though, I got a letter. My Fulbright application has been accepted, and I'm going to Germany next year. So I sent another e-mail to Northwestern to say, scratch that, I meant fall 2006, let me know what I have to do to defer my admission. Now I have lots of paperwork to fill out, and lots to organize...

Lots and lots to do...

No comments: