Monday, February 13, 2006

Beschäftigt

Suddenly I have so much stuff to do! This strikes me as somewhat odd considering the fact that I'm on semester break at the moment. In addition to working on my presentation and poster for the Berlin conferences, I've somehow developed a busy social life as well. I attended a Birthday dinner for one of the guys in my dorm last night. Tonight some of the choir kids are getting together to hang out and possibly have some kind of choral jam session?? Tuesday night I've got a Valentine's day get together with Laura, Claire, and Arul, our Sri Lankan restauranteur friend. Next weekend there's yet another Studentendorf celebration/dinner...

And of course I'm eagerly anticipating Berlin not just for the chance to talk about my work, but also for the opportunity to once again see folks from this summer, take in some fascinating tours and workshops, hear awesome presentations and world-class musical performances, and attend a big giant fancy hotel party with Fulbrighters from all over the world. Seriously, this could be the highlight of my year...

Well, maybe next to family-oriented vacation adventures in May.

Just how gosh darn lucky am I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

I Love you tons, and I miss you!! Take care, and let me know how July's shaping up to be (cause I still wanna visit:) LOVE YOU!

Beto