Sunday, February 05, 2006

The wonderful web-world

Oooooooh! It's finally here! The new online format for Cerebrum, not to mention the complete searchable archives for the print edition! It's a fabulous journal from Dana Press, geared toward an educated audience that is interested in neuroscience (rather than jargon-fluent experts.) I was heartbroken earlier this year when I learned that I couldn't renew my subscription, but this is really, really cool. I can finally read all the back issues! My personal recommendation is the entire Fall 2004 special on the burgeoning field of Neuroethics, Vol.6 No.4.

And now for something completely different: I think I'm in love. Sorry Mike... I'm leaving you for the Brawny Man. Mmmm... Paper towels...

Not to mention flannel and a toolbelt...

3 comments:

Bryan Stokes II said...

That Brawny man was a fraud if I've ever seen one.

And I can't believe that I actually watched that entire film clip. I'm going to go do something manly to validate my masculinity now...any suggestions?

Young Writers at Kenyon said...

So, it's 1:45 a.m. out here. I shoud be reading up on Haitina elections to put together a package for Tuesday's apper. I'm getting over a cold and so should also sleep, especially a I need to be up at about 8 a.m. And what did I just do?

Watch the Brawny Man film. (Bryan, let me know how you validated masculinity -- I need something, as well...) Then read the Brawny "fun facts" and the Brawny timeline. Then the Brawny FAQ.

It's all your fault, Alaina. All your fault... (And how in heaven's name did you happen to find that site in the first place?)

Alaina said...

I'm actually using the Brawny Man screensaver now. I should give credit where credit is due in terms of sources, although I doubt it will help anyone who's trying to avoid procrastination...

http://blogs.herald.com/dave_barrys_blog/