Wednesday, March 01, 2006

New toy

Since my clothes are clean, I'm as far as I can get with conference prep at the moment, and it's a veritable winter wonderland outside, I spent some time yesterday and today uploading all the pictures on my hard drive to my brand-spankin'-new online collection.

I've taken the liberty of adding a link on the left (in the similarly new "Nifty Things" section) so that anybody reading this can poke around and see what I've got anytime... plus, if you have a (free) Shutterfly account of your own you can add comments, nab photos as JPEG files for your own purposes, or even order actual prints and other snazzy stuff. C'mon, you know you want a Gänseliesel mousepad!

Anyhoo, if you have lots of pictures on your computer and want a) a backup storage location in case your hd bites the dust or b) your own collection website to share, go for it. You can download a little Java doodad and upload entire file folders of pictures at once, and if your internet connection is DSL or faster it isn't too horrifically slow. I haven't tried the free software they've got yet, but that might speed things up even more.

Wow. I sound like an infomercial. Anyway, I have all my pictures from Kenyon up as well as Kiel photos that may interest the rest of the langauge course crew, so have at it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still having trouble with knowing which way is left and right, Alaina? The nifty things section is on the right side of the page. LoL, can't wait to see you this summer! Talk to you later.