Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Let's get it on...

Today is a big day. First of all, I decided the crutches were more trouble than they were worth and left them at home. Excitingly, it worked! I'll probably be in the brace for a few more days, but at least now I no longer run an increased risk of tripping other people... crutches are sort of viral like that.

I also spent my first morning back in the lab, which was great. Hopefully by tomorrow at least a couple of the pairs will have done what rats do and I'll have more pups on the way! If not, there's always the Barry White tape...

My German professor is a total hoot. Apparently she ordered the wrong edition of our workbook and main textbook, so all of us are a page off and have slightly different exercises than she does. Even when they're the same, she makes fun of all the examples (" Oh, blöd! Scheiße!") and skips around through the topics like an ADD gerbil. This is my impression after two class meetings. I like her.

I should get back to rearranging my room. I got all of the furniture to fit at last, but I've been working on getting my stuff out of piles and onto shelves, in drawers, on walls, etc. It's a tall order with all the stuff I've got! Necessary, though, to stave off having to do laundry for at least a few more days. I've also been very good about throwing stuff out... even though I really wanted to keep the monster stack of every single journal article I've referenced in a psych or neuro paper for the past three years. I still have the references since I kept the final papers, though, so I figured I'd save some trees and recycle all of it. Everyone who reads this should be very proud of me. I still can't quite come to terms with weeding out the clothes, though I threw away two pairs of horribly broken shoes. If it still fits me, I'm keeping it. It's mine. I guess I should work on that, too...

No comments: