Thursday, October 21, 2004

current status

Things that went wrong today:

  • Finding more problems with the most recent draft of my summer science poster
  • Realizing I screwed up some dates and almost killed my honors project, and making more work for myself on the way
  • Being unable to access my graphs (that I worked on until 1am yesterday) for my comparative presentation... this is after sitting in the rain for 2.5 hours on monday watching deer relieve themselves in some farmer's yard, only to have the property owner chew me out because she didn't call me back.
  • This

Things that went right today:

  • Confirmation of my fulbright application's arrival at IIE
  • Revised and submitted my FINAL FINAL summer science poster for the presentation on Friday
  • Realized that I was mistaken about project dates in time to salvage things
  • While venting about my deadlines to a prof I respect, I mentioned that I have only three weeks left to write my comps. Her response: "Oh, you're fine, then!"

Oh. I'm fine, then. It's amazing how one small piece of reassurance can improve my entire outlook. Today was a good day.

No comments: