Monday, October 11, 2004

GAH

Interviews are obnoxious. It's not that I dislike talking about myself (QED, this blog) or that I dislike talking to others... but somehow if the stakes are high I get this complex about bragging until I feel uncomfortable bringing up my own accomplishments... or else I just shut down and stumble, tongue-tied, over my own answers. I HATE feeling unprepared, too... and somehow, even though I've spent hours in the past month putting my application together, I went totally blank on two separate occasions. How frustrating!

At least this is just the internal interview. IF I get past this phase I've got a while to figure out how to resolve my issues and present myself more suitably... and I should have better feedback to guide me. Either that or they've already decided that I can't hack it and don't deserve to make it to the next step, in which case I can just stop worrying about it. What's done is done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Alaina darling!
I hope you have a fantastic week!
Sincerely and with much love,
Melissa Baker