Sunday, October 24, 2004

Red in the face

Sometimes I think I'm paranoid about other people looking at me, laughing at me, talking about me... I've convinced myself that everybody is a little bit paranoid about that kind of stuff, though. At least from time to time, right?

One should feel especially silly if this paranoia rears its ugly little head when one is supposed to be the center of attention, such as when one is on a stage in front of 500 people.

But when the whole front row is pointing and mugging and giggling and talking to each other when they are expected to be rather passively listening... well...

Sometimes, a little paranoia is warrented. Like when you don't realize a big black fly is for some unfathomable reason attracted to your breasts and keeps landing on your white shirt, hopping from one side to the other for an entire song, and everybody all the way to the back of the hall can see it, and your own mother and aunt are hysterically amused to the point of tears.

I just wish someone would have told me.

No comments: