Monday, October 18, 2004

synopsis

So, I bombed the interview.

I got an e-mail that night informing me that the committee was unwilling to support my proposal, so I cried for a while, called my boyfriend, and then decided I wasn't going to accept that. I rewrote my proposal and e-mailed it to the committee heads the following morning, and after two excruciating days of waiting was informed that I was still in the game. Beginning last Thursday I wrote three new drafts of my proposal in as many days (plus a new CV) and have until tomorrow to get everything situated for submission.

I've also gotten about 30 new articles to read so I can write my comps (comprehensive exam... required to graduate) proposal by thanksgiving, and two presentations due in a week, one of which (due wednesday) requires four hours of observation of some animal. The people I've attempted to contact for two weeks about the deer on their farm have never called me back. Plus regular homework.

So I've been too busy to post. Tough Noogies.

1 comment:

Seventh_guest said...

I don't know how to contact them, but there is someone that has a wolf preserve. 3 years ago, they had 5 wolves, that they take care of for a while, then release back into the wild where they were found. [shrugs] an idea, if the deer people don't work out.