Thursday, May 19, 2005

I should SO be packing right now

But instead, I'm blogging. At least I've already started... barely. I've got one box half-full of miscellany and many more random items strewn about. Maybe the right music will get me motivated.

No one is good enough
To save himself.
Awake my soul tonight
To boast nothing else.
~Derek Webb

Oh, that is so very happy.

And now some old-school Madonna ("Holiday") to get me pumped for tonight's 80's-themed Senior Prom, the last official Senior Week event. Too bad I don't have a date for this one... My Young Man doesn't like the idea of a transporter ("How do you know you come out at the other end with the same soul?" or somesuch) but MAN would I appreciate the possibility. Sometimes it's just nice to get a hug in person. Ah well... two weeks. Only two more weeks.

*****

And then tomorrow morning, I get to give someone 55 hard-earned dollars to join their silly club. Okay, the club is Phi Beta Kappa (Beta of Ohio, thankyouverymuch) and it's nifty to have on my CV, but at least Sigma Xi came with a magazine subscription and didn't cost me anything. I could've had a free dinner out of it, even!

And what's this, it's $60 if I want a certificate? You must be joking.

The upside? I get to see my roomate perform the function of "Mystagogue." I hope it involves incantations. I just love incantations.

No comments: