Thursday, May 26, 2005

And my current job is to unpack my college life and fit it into my home life. So, of course, I'm blogging instead of working... and this is I after taking a break to read through the instructions and start charging my new cell phone (!!!) and spending most of the afternoon throwing out stuff that I've been saving since high school to make room for all the stuff I've accumulated since then.

I've pitched approximately 50 old programs from the Muny, and discovered all the signed programs from my high school thespian days... so of course, I had to read through all the little notes and silly inside jokes that no longer make any sense. Found notes from Jessa written during Calculus senior year, and remembered that I haven't heard from her in a year or two... Found a letter from Mike dating from sophomore or junior year, and realized that we've both grown up quite a bit since then... Neither of us knew what we were doing, and well, what else is new? Threw out packets of workbook pages from Algebra II/Trig that were well past their expiration date, especially since I probably never planned on looking at them again the first time I squirreled them away, five years ago.

In five more years, will I feel the same way about my honors thesis as I do about my 11th grade history paper on Henry Ford's contributions to industrialization? Will I see my comps in the same light as the cutesy essays I wrote for English Comp? If I save the cards Mike sent for four years of Valentine's Days, will I be astounded by how much we've changed since then? It's hard to predict. Of course it will be different. Will it be better? That's up to me, supposes my internal optimist.

At 22 I'm really just learning what a "decade" feels like. Give me a score or so longer and I might get the hang of it.

No comments: