Saturday, October 22, 2005

A dollar short...

Maybe I'm completely spoiled, but I've spent the morning channelling Warren Zevon.

Poor, poor pitiful me...

Yes, having a key to the Psych building all last year was a special indulgence. I don't expect 24-hour access here. But what kind of academic institution locks the buildings up on during daylight hours when school is in session?? Even on a Saturday, folks need to get stuff done. Especially me, because I'm forgetful and didn't think to go check out my test results at the Lektorat when they were posted Friday.

It doesn't help that it's raining today. On a positive note, I think I finally found the building where the Monday Biology lecture is held. I couldn't get in to locate the actual hall, but at least I'm on the right track.

Then I rode down to the old Klinik environs, which happen to house the Lektorat. The door was locked there too, but there were lights on inside and through the window I could just make out what looked like a list of names on the bulletin board. There was also a doorbell. Wonderful!

Except not. The lady that opened the door was not particularly thrilled to see me, even in my sunny yellow rain slicker. I got as far as "Entschuldigung, gibt es eine Liste.." before she cut me off and informed me that the building was locked and I'd have to come back Monday. Right, Monday, the day the classes start. I have the whole Lektorat course of study in my backpack, but it does me absolutely no good if I don't know which ones I'm eligible for. Plus, that morning from 8 to 11 I'm attempting to get into two other regular lecture classes a week late, and I'm in the lab that afternoon. Piece of cake, Monday.

I managed to stammer out that I understood before she shut the door in my face. Didn't have the wherewithal, not to mention linguistic capacity, to plead my case. It started raining harder. Sigh.

Someone, somewhere, does not want me to be a student this semester.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!!! It's got to get better soon! Love you, mom:)

Anonymous said...

It'll all be okay sister dearest! Love you!
:) ~Kara