Friday, July 23, 2004

+1 to amusement factor

A post!  On the clock, no less.  As Strongsad (with horns and a tail) would say, "I'm evil."

Note to self:  don't reread "classic" books from your youth without the foreknowledge that things will never be the same.  I loved Walter Farley's "Black Stallion" and "Island Stallion" series back in grade school.  I recalled the thrilling and highly realistic descriptions of horse races and the close relationships between man and animal.  I did NOT recall the occasional alien abduction.  I'm kind of weirded out.  This may be part of the reason why I was a mildly schizophrenic child.

Nine days until many many highly anticipated kisses.  (Yikes, is this the first time this blog has gotten mushy?)  Not to mention exciting international travels and adventures in frightening cuisine.  But I'm not very worried.

Okay, back to pretending to work.

No comments: