Saturday, July 17, 2004

Rat brains are fun

I'm in the lab today, hence internet access on a Saturday.  Today is behavioral testing, so my rats are waiting for their turn to be videotaped.  The little attention whores...  One of these days you'll see my name on a volume of "Rats Gone Wild" at Blockbuster, and you can wonder when I started to go wrong...  Well, okay, probably not.  But by the end of this experiment I'll have TWELVE HOURS of video to watch and score and analyze, and if I'm not completely nuts already I can see the brink.  Ahh, Science.  

The countdown to seeing Mike is down to 15 days, so even if I lost a foot I'd have enough digits to count all the days.  I can't belive summer has gone so fast!  Perhaps, I can, but I don't want to.  I'm less than a month and a half away from my last year of college, at least at this fine institution.  Come May I'm going to be a blubbering, nostalgic fool, and I already know it.  Hopefully a blubbering, nostalgic fool with a degree, but is that any kind of consolation?  Of course, I'll also have my plans for next year settled down, which is nothing if not exciting.  Another year of long-distance relationship will be a trial, but hopefully less so with the opportunity to go abroad (and the knowledge that, finally, this phase will end when I return.)  If I end up going straight to grad school somewhere instead, at least I'll have the adjustment to a new lab to keep me occupied while Mike does his teaching program.  I'm sure I'll have more to day about this in the months to come as plans become concrete.

I'm heading back home for lunch, but if I have anything to say I may post again this afternoon.

 


 

No comments: