Saturday, July 10, 2004

Hello world!

Well, this is the wrong day to start a blog! I'm in the process of moving all my crud from my apartment to a house. As in, open boxes, piles of stuff everywhere, fits of frustration every 30 minutes. As in, it's 11:15 am and I have to be out of here by midnight tonight or get charged for another week... so naturally, let's procrastinate, eh? I just wanted to post a comment to my cousin's brand-spanking-new blog, and I get roped into the whole thing myself.
Well, I suppose I should make my introductions. I'm Alaina. I'll soon be a senior at an itsy bitsy liberal arts college in the Midwest, where I'm studying Neuroscience and whatever the heck else interests me at the moment. I sing and sometimes dance or act, but just as stress relief. My boyfriend of, oh, 6 years or thereabouts, goes to school some 15 hours away, which I'm sure I'll complain about at various intervals. He's a music major, wants to be a bum (i.e. composer) when he grows up. I'm the ambitious one, with plans for many years of grad school and a research/teaching career.
If there's anything I've missed, I'll have to add it later, because if I don't keep up with this packing I'll be in trouble tonight! Don't expect much unless I'm procrastinating at work, because the house I'm moving into has only dial-up access to the internet. Perhaps later...

No comments: