Tuesday, July 27, 2004

No longer a county fair virgin

So last night I went out to the county fair, and saw my very first demolition derby.  These guys (and gals!) are totally hardcore.  Some of them even had bigger fan bases than professional American soccer.  The best part of all was when my car, 87X, won it all... and my logic was truly impenetrable this time.  Any car that was as beat up going into the derby as dear old 87X obviously cannot die.  Next time, I'm placing bets.  Goodbye, college debt! 

I also had the fabulous experience of fair food, which is like real food only with the cholesterol quadrupled by any means necessary.  The "elephant ear" was tasty, but the huge-plate-o-fried-potato-shavings-n-cheese definitely came back to haunt me around 4am.  Normal food is always better going down than coming back up, but it speaks powerfully to the indestructability of fair food that there is actually no discernable difference.

I'm tired today and slightly shell-shocked from the noise, smoke, and deep-fried congestive heart failure on a plate, but I'm going back tonight.  My boss' kids are showing lambs, which can't be nearly as intense!  I'm pretty sure they eat them afterwards, but I don't think they do it right away. 

Back to work...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I must say, I very much enjoy reading your posts. :o) They are all very creative and well put-together. Love you, babe! You're cousie... ;o)