Sunday, January 01, 2006

I'm back!

I don't even want to think about how many hours I've been awake out of the last 24, but I arrived safely in Göttingen earlier today. Whew! I lucked out and made all my connections easily, and this time my train was even on time. (I don't know where people get this whole idea of "German punctuality" where the trains are concerned... I think I've dealt with delays on almost every trip. But hey, they got it right on a holiday, so that's worth something...)

The New Year's arrival in Deutschland was announced about an hour into my flight, and its eventual progression to the US (at least, the Eastern time zone) was heralded shortly before landing in Frankfurt, but unfortunately that was the full extent of Delta's celebration. I have no idea what part of the Atlantic I was over when my eastward path intersected with 2006, but I was probably napping, or reading. Or watching Johnny Depp portray Willy Wonka with hilarious German dubbing. (Those stupid songs are just as catchy auf Deutsch, by the way.)

Sigh. I miss home already. Quality time with Mike and lots of family was wonderful, but two weeks just flew by.

I need to call my host parents and figure out when I'll be able to pick up my bike, especially since I have german class and choir already tomorrow night!

I really need a shower and a nap, preferably in that order. Down to business!

1 comment:

Bryan Stokes II said...

Glad to hear that you're safely back in Deutschland. Although your newfound affinity for Sudafed is rather worrisome :-P